NORTH Pitch is a financing forum for documentary films focusing on life in Polar regions.
The 13th edition of NORTH Pitch will be held during Tromsø International Film Festival on January 20-23, 2021. The forum allows filmmakers to present their documentary projects to investors from several countries, in order to provide funding for the selected films. Participating films can be focusing on culture, environment, resources, politics, climate changes as well as general human stories. The only absolute requirement is that the film is about life above the Arctic Circle or below the Antarctic.
Filmmakers from all over the world are now welcome to submit their project. Submission deadline is November 25.
Read more about the 2021 edition and how to submit here.
Initiated by the regional North Norwegian Film Center, NORTH Pitch aims to develop more great stories from the Arctic, and to allow filmmakers to reach a larger audience. Held annually during Tromsø International Film Festival, the forum brings together filmmakers, producers, film organizations and investors.
At the 2020 edition the following financiers/commissioning editors participated:
• Piia Nokelainen – Finnish film Foundation, Finland
• Anna Svensson – SVT, Sweden
• Natalia Arshavskaya– Current Time TV, USA
• Ingrid Kristin Dokka, North Norwegian Film Centre
• Helle Hansen, Norwegian Film Institute, Norway
• Katrin Fürnkranz, Autlook Filmsales, Austria
• Fredrik Færden, NRK, Norway
• Ralf Quibeldey, NDR, Germany
• Sari Volanen, YLE, Finland
• Frank Piasecki Poulson, DFI, Denmark
• Juan Pablo Libossart, SFI, Sweden
• Anja Dziersk, Rise and Shine World Sales, Germany
• Mandy Chang , BBC, UK
• Liisa Holmberg, International Sámi Film Institute
NORTH Pitch is made possible with support from The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Sparebanken Nord-Norge.