NORTH Pitch is a financing forum for documentary films focusing on life in Polar regions.
The 12th edition of NORTH Pitch will be held during Tromsø International Film Festival on January 15-18, 2020. The forum allows filmmakers to present their documentary projects to investors from several countries, in order to provide funding for the selected films. Participating films can be focusing on culture, environment, resources, politics, climate changes as well as general human stories. The only absolute requirement is that the film is about life above the Arctic Circle or below the Antarctic.
Filmmakers from all over the world are welcome to submit their project – see further information and guidelines here.
Initiated by the regional North Norwegian Film Center, NORTH Pitch aims to develop more great stories from the Arctic, and to allow filmmakers to reach a larger audience. Held annually during Tromsø International Film Festival and organized in collaboration with the European Documentary Network, the forum brings together filmmakers, producers, film organizations and investors.
At the 2019 edition the following financiers/commissioning editors participated:
• Sabine Bupeck-Paaz, ZDF-ARTE, Germany
• Ralf Quibeldey, NDR, Germany
• Anders Riis-Hansen, Danish Film Institute
• Pekka Uotila, Finnish Film Foundation
• Anne Laurila, North Finland Film Commission
• Mandy Chang, BBC, UK
• Esther van Messel, First Hand Films, Switzerland
• Liisa Holmberg, International Sámi Film Institute
• Fredrik Færden, NRK, Norway
• Helle Hansen, Norwegian Film Institute
• Ingrid Kristin Dokka, Nordnorsk Filmsenter, Norway
• Juan Pablo Libossart, Swedish Film Institute
• Anna Svensson, SVT, Sweden
• Katja Härkönen, Filmpool Nord, Sweden
• Aleksandra Derewienko, Cat&Docs, France
• Sergei Trofimov, Current Time TV, Czech Republic
NORTH Pitch is made possible with support from The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norwegian Film Institute, and Sparebanken Nord-Norge.