Films from the North goes to Russia
The opening night in Murmansk on September 19th is close to sold out already.
– Throughout the last eight years we have built up a steady following of moviegoers in Russia. They follow us and all of our projects, and we also gain more followers each year, says Igor Shaytanov, Project Manager for TIFF.
This is the eighth consequtive year TIFF goes on tour with a program of short films from the festival's largest sidebar, Films from the North. The festival also puts on an annual Silent Film Concert tour, which premieres at the festival in January, and then visit Russian theatres.
From Murmansk to Moscow
During the next two weeks the films, as well as two of the directors, Aasne vaa Greibrok and Thor Brenne, visit seven Russian cities, from Murmansk and Arkhangelsk in the north to Moscow in the south - with stops in Apatity, Severodvinsk, Petrozavodsk and St. Petersburg in between.
Close relations between humans is the main theme for the program, titled FILMS FROM THE NORTH: BETWEEN US, consisting of three Norwegian, one Swedish and one Russian film.
Films in the program:
HÆSTKUK (BEAST), dir: Aasne Vaa Greibrokk, Norway
FRIERI (THE PROPOSAL), dir: Det sporadiske filmkollektivet, Norway
GALANGAL, dir: Maria Loyter, Russia
THE ART OF WORKING IN PAIRS, dir: Thor Brenne, Norway
INFEKTIONEN (THE INFECTION), dir: Patrik Eklund, Sweden
19. september 2019 19:00 Murmansk Severnoe Sijanie Cinema
20. september 2019 19:00 Apatity Polarniy cCnema
21. september 2019 19:00 Petrozavodsk Kalevala Cinema
21-22. september 2019 19:00 St. Petersburg Rodina Cinema
27. september 2019 19:00 Arkhangelsk Mirazh Cinema, EuroPark
28. september 2019 19:00 Severodvinsk Rossia Cinema
29. september 2019 19:00 Moscow Horisont Cinema