NORTH PITCH - Below ZERO
NORTH PITCH - Below ZERO is a financing forum for documentary films focusing on life in Polar regions.
The 10th edition of NORTH PITCH - Below ZERO will be held during Tromsø International Film Festival on January 17-20, 2018. The forum allows filmmakers to present their documentary projects to investors from several countries, in order to provide funding for the selected films. Participating films can be focusing on culture, environment, resources, politics, climate changes as well as general human stories. The only absolute requirement is that the film is about life above the Arctic Circle or below the Antarctic.
Filmmakers from all over the world are welcome to submit their project – see further information and guidelines here.
Initiated by the regional North Norwegian Film Center, NORTH PITCH - Below ZERO aims to develop more great stories from the Arctic, and to allow filmmakers to reach a larger audience. Held annually during Tromsø International Film Festival and organized in collaboration with the European Documentary Network, the forum brings together filmmakers, producers, film organizations and investors.
At the 2018 edition the following financiers/commissioning editors are confirmed:
• Jan Daae, DR Sales, Denmark
• Anders Riis-Hansen, Danish Film Institute
• Anna Svensson, SVT, Sweden
• Katja Härkönen, Filmpool Nord, Sweden
• Anne Laurila, North Finland Film Commission, Finland
• Outi Rousu, AVEK, Finland
• Karolina Lidin, Nordic Film- & TV Fond
• Liisa Holmberg, International Sámi Film Institute
• Fredrik Færden, NRK, Norway
• Ingrid Kristin Dokka, Nordnorsk Filmsenter, Norway
• Lars Löge, Norwegian Film Institute
• Jörg Krause, ARTE G.E.I.E, France
• Katja Wildermuth, NDR, Germany
• Margje de Koning, EO/IKONdocs, Netherlands
• Kenan Aliyev, Current Time TV, Czech Republic
• Anja Dziersk, Rise and Shine World Sales, Germany
NORTH PITCH - Below Zero is made possible with support from The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norwegian Film Institute, and Sparebanken Nord-Norge.