FILMS FROM THE NORTH ON TOUR IN RUSSIA
Tromsø International Film Festival has for many years travelled to Russia to present silent film concerts as well as short films from the Barents region. The latter is now set to take place, with a tour visiting eight different cities over ten days from September 20th to the 30th.
The program this year is entitled CROSSING THE LINE and consists of four films. Three have been screened in TIFFs Films from the North program in 2017 and 2018, while one is this year's Amanda award winner for best short film. The films are very different, both in genre and story, but all have a common theme of neighbours and encounters between people who are close, but yet far away from each other. About lines being crossed, both geographically and emotionally.
Directors Ali Parandian and Trond Kvig Andreassen will participate on the tour to present the films and meet the audiences in all cities.
This is the schedule for the tour:
20. september - Petrozavodsk, Kalevala kino
21. september - Severodvinsk, Rossia kino
22. september - Arkhangelsk, Rus kino
23. september - Moscow, Tretjakov Gallery kino
24. september - Jaroslavl, Neft kinoklubben
27. september - Apatity, Poljarniy kino
28. september - Murmansk, Murmansk kino
29. and 30. september - St. Petersburg, Rodina kino
For information about the tour on Russian, click here.
The tour is supported by Barentskult and the North Norwegian Film Center.