Påmelding Below ZERO
NORTH PITCH — Below Zero
• Filmmakers from all over the World are welcome to submit projects. Stories with a broad international market appeal are preferred.
• All subjects related to life above the Arctic Circle are eligible. Films can address culture, environment, resources, politics, climate changes and indigenous peoples as well as general human stories.
• From the submitted project proposals a maximum of 12 projects will be selected for participation.
• A number of observer seats will be available.
• The working language will be English.
How to Participate:
The European Documentary Network (EDN) is administrating the submission process. Submit your project by sending a written 2-page presentation accompanied by visual material.
The presentation should include:
• Project info: project title, status of the project, expected time of delivery, length, & format
• The film: depending on the nature of the project this can include the story, characters, visual approach, director’s note, etc.
• Contacts: name of producer, production company, director and contact information
• Profiles: short CV & filmography of company and director
• Financing: budget sum (total sum for the production, not the whole budget) and brief financing plan.
You can submit your 2-page presentation by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The submission deadline is November 27, 2017.
The visual material
We prefer receiving applications accompanied by visual material; either as material already shot for the submitted project or as a previous work. You submit your visual material by including a link to an online streaming facility like Vimeo or YouTube when you email your 2-page presentation.
Each selected project pays a participation fee of 300 Euro, which includes one participating person. Every other member of the pitching team pays an individual fee of 200 Euro. We strongly recommend participation of both director and producer.
Participating as Observer
For NORTH PITCH - Below Zero a number of observer seats are available. When participating as an observer you will take part in all sessions on equal terms with the pitching participants. Only exception is not having a concrete project developed and pitched. Observers pay 200 Euro for participating.
NORTH PITCH - Below Zero program:
The programme will consist of the following elements:
- a pre-pitching workshop where the selected projects will be developed under guidance from experienced international experts from the documentary business. The workshop will focus on how the project can be developed in the best possible direction and how the presentation of the project can be optimized. During the workshop, there will be a possibility to work with both the pitch trailer and the written presentation.
- a pitching session where each project will be pitched in seven minutes for a panel of international financiers and possible future collaborators. The pitch will be followed by a brief round of feedback from the panel and individual meetings between filmmakers and financiers.
- networking events to encourage future collaborations between organizations, financiers, producers and filmmakers.
- a producers-meet producers set up before the start of the workshop where the participating producers can discuss there projects and co-production possibilities with producers from the Nordic countries.
+45 3313 1122